So I go online on Monday (while cleaning my son’s room because I heard my iPad from the WordPress App sound an alert) and I see that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by Miss Ellie ( a self-proclaimed “confused teenager”). My first thing to do was to look up “what is the Liebster Award” in the Support Forums.
I thought it was really funny that there is no answer to that question. It tells you how to attach the badge picture to your post, but nothing about the award itself. So I’ve got to assume that this is a very cool thing, given as I am not one to receive or be nominated for many awards. Since I am a Weight Watchers Leader, I have gotten weight loss awards in my meetings before I became a staff member (and for those of you who are or who have been Weight Watcher members, you know what awards I’m referring to). So I’ve got to say I’m pretty astounded over here given as starting up my blog is a relatively new venture for me. What I get from this is that dear Ellie thinks that my ramblings are something worth mentioning. Thanks for the nod, Ellie! You are something of a wonder yourself in blogland. You have a truly unique voice and I look forward to your posts when you make them available.
Here’s how it works:
Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
These are my answers to Ellie’s questions:
1.What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
You have to ask?? Butter Pecan!
2. Would you rather live in the city or the country?
Again, you have to ask?? City, more specifically New Orleans with occasional trips to the Florida panhandle ( I love the beach there!)
3. If you could study anything for free, what would you study?
Perhaps computer programming. I’m terrible with math so I think I’d need to study for a very long time, but I’d love to try it. Studying web design now. I love it so maybe that should be my answer. I would go to school for free and still earn my degree. That would be cool! No payments to the government 6 months after I get my degree!!
I’m also interested in drawing. I’d love to take some drawing lessons.
4. What’s the most-listened to song on your iPod/music device?
Probably “Everything” by Michael Bublé
5. Why did you start blogging?
I love to write and writing a book overwhelms me sometimes. This looks like a good place to start.
6. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
My hope is that I will be back home with a job in my field of Web Design (or something related), spending lots of time with my family and friends and soaking up the heat!
7. What is your Achilles heel?
Sometimes I feel paralyzed by a lack of confidence. My fear of failure sometimes wins over my belief that I can do it (whatever “it” is). I know this is not so different from a lot of us, but it’s something that I am working on all the time.
8. What’s your favourite film?
“Gone With The Wind”, Gee that makes me sound really old, huh?
9. If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?
My ears stick out a bit, but not important enough to me for surgery, and it’s something I got from my dad. So I’ll keep them, thank you very much!
10. Is there a film you’ve been meaning to see, or a book you’ve been meaning to read?
Lots of books! Too many to list here.
11. What’s the future you envision for your blog?
I’d love for this to be the start of a book for me or to just get better at it. Writing has always been a passion of mine and I’d love to do it more. I have journals in almost every place I can think of and journaling software on my computer, iPad and iPhone. But I don’t write as much as I do on the blog. The feedback and a bit of anonymity is a motivator. Interesting…
Ok, so here are my nominees for the Liebster Award.
- A Life Unscripted
- The Desi Vagabond
- Filling in the Family Tree
- Flipping Fun Gymnastics
All of these artists communicate their experiences in such a way that I look forward to seeing what they have to say next. Seeing the versatility of all of our expression through the blogs we keep has been amazing to me!
Here are the questions that I ask my nominees:
- What do you do for fun?
- What happened on the happiest day that you can remember?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
- What is your preferred genre of music?
- If a genie came to you and said “Your wish is my command!” what would you wish?
- Where would you like to go on your dream vacation?
- What was/is your favorite subject in school?
- What are you reading right now?
- What’s the thought you have most often when going to bed at night?
- What is your favorite hobby? (If you don’t have one, what would you like to develop as a hobby?)
I think that’s it. Gosh this is such a cool idea to get us to acknowledge each other! Again, thank you Ellie! I hope my nominees feel as empowered as I do to continue working on their blogs. Your blog makes a difference! It really does! Have a great day!!